U.S. News and World Report’s 2020 Edition of Best Colleges ranked Alice Lloyd College among the top colleges in the nation! Nationally, among all colleges and universities, Alice Lloyd College was ranked:
- #9 among all college and universities for selectivity with an acceptance rate of 8 %, and
- #6 for alumni giving rate (48% for the fiscal year 2018-2019).
The Report also ranked Alice Lloyd College:
- #1 among all Regional Colleges and Universities for alumni giving rate (48% for the fiscal year 2018-2019),
- #3 on the list of Best Value Schools among Southern Regional Colleges.
- Top 15 in the South for Social Mobility
- #21 overall among Best Regional Colleges South.
U.S. News and World Report evaluates institutions based on several standards including academic quality and financial statistics. When asked about ALC’s ranking, President Joe Stepp said, “For over 100 years, we have continued the mission of Alice Lloyd by educating the brightest and best of Appalachia. To be recognized among the top colleges in the nation is humbling. The U.S. News and World Report rankings are a testament to the work being done by our faculty, staff, and students as we continue to educate leaders for our region.”
Over one hundred years ago, Mrs. Lloyd made it her mission to educate the children of Appalachia by offering a high-quality, affordable, character-based education so students could earn a degree regardless of financial ability. Alice Lloyd College is grateful to the devoted faculty, staff, and wonderful friends from across the country who continue to make ALC’s educational opportunities possible.