Warren Wilson College is the only national liberal arts college that fully integrates on-campus work and off-campus community engagement into its curriculum. In addition to its innovative experiential program, the College and its 700 students are known for their strong commitment to environmental sustainability, diversity and social justice.
Warren Wilson is known for its strong academic and environmental emphasis. Regarding the latter focus, Outside Magazine has called Warren Wilson “one of the most earth-friendly colleges on the planet.” Warren Wilson College was recognized in the Fiske Guide to Colleges as one of the “25 Best Buys” among private colleges and universities.
WARREN WILSON COLLEGE RESOURCES & LINKS
- Founded in 1894 as the Asheville Farm School by Presbyterian missionaries to provide a basic education for boys from the Appalachian region, the school became a four-year liberal arts college in 1967.
- Warren Wilson College is located in Swannanoa, North Carolina, 11 miles from Asheville, North Carolina.
- About 60% of Warren Wilson students participate in internships before they graduate.
- 100% of Warren Wilson students participate in community engagement activities.
- Student-to-Faculty Ratio: 9:1
- Princeton Review ranks Warren Wilson’s Career Services as #6 in the country.
- With “quality academic offerings and affordable cost,” Warren Wilson College is, for the 13th time, a “best buy,” according to the “Fiske Guide to Colleges 2019.”
- Warren Wilson College’s Service-Learning Program is one of U.S. News & World Report’s “Top 25 Academic Programs to Look For.”
- 34% of food served on campus is grown & purchased locally or grown on campus.
- Students contribute more than 50,000 volunteer hours per year with over 200 community partners.
- Warren Wilson graduates are nearly 3 times more likely to participate in AmeriCorps, Teach for America, and other non-profit work following graduation.
- Buzzfeed’s “Most Beautiful College on Earth.”
- College Magazine’s “Top 10 Greenest Campuses.”
- Sierra magazine’s “Cool Schools.”
- Warren Wilson College offers 20 majors, 17 concentrations, 28 minors and 4 special advising areas.
BY THE NUMBERS
of Warren Wilson alumni report that their rst paying job required them to use skills they gained as an undergraduate - NATIONAL COMPARISON 59%
of alumni report that their rst paying job paid enough to support their desired lifestyle - NATIONAL COMPARISON 48%
of alumni report receiving the first paying job within the first six months - NATIONAL COMPARISON 72%
of alumni agree that faculty were a positive influence on personal growth, values and attitudes
of alumni agree that they were satis ed with opportunities to meet and interact informally with faculty members
of alumni agree that most faculty with whom they had contact at Warren Wilson College were genuinely interested in students
of alumni agree that faculty were a positive influence on their intellectual growth and interest in ideas
of alumni agree that they developed a close, personal relationship with at least one faculty member
In addition to high marks for its academics and affordability, the Fiske Guide honored the College with the highest possible rating for overall quality of student life and it has been recognized for its commitment to community engagement and service.
Princeton Review ranks Warren Wilson College among the TOP 10 for students most engaged in community service.
WARREN WILSON COLLEGE’S DISTINCTIVE APPLIED LEARNING MODEL PREPARES STUDENTS FOR AN ENGAGED LIFE. ONE YEAR OUT FROM GRADUATION, STUDENTS REPORT:
of alumni report that their experience at Warren Wilson contributed “quite a bit” or “very much” to their knowledge, skills and personal development in teamwork - NATIONAL COMPARISON 79%
of alumni report that their experience at Warren Wilson contributed “quite a bit” or “very much” to their knowledge, skills and personal development in civic engagement - NATIONAL COMPARISON 56%
of alumni report that their current primary activity is volunteer or national service (Peace Corps, AmeriCorps, etc.) - NATIONAL COMPARISON 2.4%
WARREN WILSON COLLEGE ALUMNI PURSUE GRADUATE DEGREES AT SOME OF THE WORLD’S BEST COLLEGES AND UNIVERSITIES:
- Brown University
- Bryn Mawr College
- Columbia University
- Duke University
- Harvard University
- Johns Hopkins University
- New York University
- Oregon College of Art and Craft
- University of Southern California
- Vermont Law School